… the wanderer
who sings his trail
becomes the path,
the song his way…
what is travel music?
- poetry, art, photography, stories, that inspire music and traveling
- Journeys that lead to music, poetry, art, photography, stories
- Introspective sound paintings of far-away lands by Christel Veraart
- I’ve heard from many artists who have the same issue that I do, – unable to find a genre that describes their music adequately.
- Anyone interested in reading about the stories behind the music
- Anyone interested in discovering new music, art or literature
- Anyone interested in exceeding physical and/or linguistic borders
- Free music videos by Christel Veraart
- Reviews on music, books, poetry, art, landscapes that influenced me
- Reviews on music, books, poetry, art, landscapes I come across
Christel Veraart is a musician, composer and multimedia artist. Born in the Netherlands, she studied classical piano and voice at the Maastricht Conservatory of Music, the National Conservatory of Music in Buenos Aires, and also in London and Paris. Her compositions reflect her own experiences, travels and love for nature. Years spent in South America have left en imprint on her style, both melodically and rhythmically. Some have described her music as “introspective sound paintings of far away lands”. Other than the great classical composers, influenced by Loreena McKennitt, Carlos Nakai, Susanne Abbuehl, Dino Saluzzi, Astor Piazzolla, Luis Bacalov, Egberto Gismonti, Karl Jenkins, Lisa Gerrard, Atahualpa Yupanqui.